Dogs can be great companions on a travel nurse. They can help you deal with stress, loneliness, and explore your new surroundings. There are a lot of great cities when bringing your pet on your assignment. This is our list of the top 10 best dog friendly cities for travel nurses.
10 Best Dog Friendly Cities For Travel Nurses
- Portland, OR. Portland tops our list of the best dog friendly cities for travel nurses for many reasons. For starters, there are 33 dog parks within the city. Like most cities on our list, Portland has several places you can eat and drink that our dog friendly. Be sure to check out Tin Shed Garden Café and Lucky Labrador Brew Pub. Finally, Portland has fun special events like the Pug Crawl and Pit Bull Parade.
- San Diego, CA. Coming in second on our list of the 10 best dog friendly cities for travel nurses is San Diego. San Diego has plenty of wonderful places where your dog can run free. Dog Beach and Fiesta Island allow dogs to run freely through the sand and surf. To top it all off, San Diego hosts an annual Surf Dog Surf-A-Thon competition which is certainly worth the experience.
- Austin, TX. Warm weather means Austin has some great outside activities for you and your dog to stay cool. For starters, Red Bud Isle is a popular, dogs-only swimming spot. Need more? Visit Austin Doga, yoga for dogs and their humans! Once you workup an appetite, Bow-Wow Bones is your spot to be. It offers dogs treats in eight flavors, including peanut butter, salmon, and cheesy apple.
- Nashville, TN. Fans of dogs and country music will love Nashville. Rover.com lists Centennial Park as one of the best dog parks in the country. Centennial Park also hosts dog-friendly music, movie, and art events throughout the year.
- Las Vegas, NV. Rounding out our top five of the 10 best dog friendly cities for travel nurses is Las Vegas. With only a few weeks per year of rain, Las Vegas offers a lot of outdoor opportunities for you and your dog. Want to grab a quick bite? Las Vegas has 217 pet friendly restaurants according to BringFido.com. There are also plenty of outside activities you can enjoy together like Red Rock Canyon.
- Boston, MA. Despite being one of the colder cities on our list, Boston is a wonderful place for any travel nurse bringing their dog. Boston offers “Yapp Hours” at local bars and has dog friendly harbor cruises. If you are someone who likes history, take your dog for a walk along the Freedom Trail.
- San Francisco, CA. The City by the Bay has a long history of being dog friendly. Looking for a fun place to eat with your dog? San Francisco has 170 pet friendly restaurants. Do you enjoy walking around as you explore? Walk Score ranked San Francisco second in walkability.
- Seattle, WA. When you think Seattle do you think coffee? Seattle has no shortage of dog friendly cafes for you and your dog. If you happen to be in Seattle during the summer during your travel nurse assignment, be sure you check out Dog Day on Elliott Bay.
- Scottsdale, AZ. Another sunny city makes our list of the top 10 best dog friendly cities for travel nurses. On Sundays, the Arizona Diamondbacks allow dogs to join their owners as you take in a baseball game. Love to hike? Head to Camelback Mountain, one of the Valley’s most popular mountains. Just be sure to bring water for your pup (and you).
- Tampa, FL. Tampa rounds out our top 10 list of the best dog friendly cities for travel nurses. The warm weather offers plenty of opportunities for you and your dog to explore the city. From the world-class beaches, to the great city life, there are plenty of places to explore. Tampa also plays host to the Tampa Bay Pet Expo. An annual event that features the latest pet products, costume contests, and pet care lessons.
Hopefully after reading this article you have learned some unfamiliar places to explore with your dog. This is our list of the 10 best dog friendly cities for travel nurses. If you are traveling with your pet, be sure to check out our list of tips to successfully travel with your pet as a travel nurse.
Host Healthcare Travel Nurse
Host Healthcare offers an extensive list of travel nurse jobs. Call one of our friendly recruiters at (844) 812-8094.