As a travel therapist, you are always on the move. Every 13-weeks to be exact. While it can be fun and exciting to move to a new city roughly every 3 months, it can be nerve racking too; especially trying to meet new people. But don’t worry, we got you covered. This article lists 15 ways to make friends in a new city as a travel therapist.
15 Ways To Make Friends In A New City As A Travel Therapist
- Make friends with new colleagues.
- Make friends with your neighbors.
- Go to the same weekly workout class.
- Check out the newest and most popular restaurants, coffee shops, or bars.
- Join social networks like Meet Up or Citysocializer.
- Ask your current friends if they have any friends in your new city.
- Volunteer with a cause you care about.
- Join a sports team.
- Take your dog to the dog park and allow them to make friends for you.
- Explore your new city. You never know who you might run into.
- Make a social connection. What are people doing in your area? Go do them yourself.
- Get to know your patients. They might have similar interests.
- Go to cultural events. There might be a great music or art scene.
- Join an area Facebook page
- Take a creative class. Cooking anyone?
Hopefully you enjoyed reading these 15 ways to make friends in a new city as a travel therapist.
Host Healthcare Travel Therapist
Host Healthcare offers an extensive list of travel therapy jobs. In addition, call specific recruiter directly or if you don’t have a recruiter, call (844) 812-8094 and one of our friendly recruiters will be happy to help.