Whether it be strolling down a tree-lined southern street or roaming around a picturesque, old New England town, small charming cities never cease to amaze. When on a travel assignment, one of the best things is exploring the area you work in. The United States has so much beautiful cities, here are just a few to add to your bucket list. Check out our top 15 most charming cities for travel nurses who want to relax.he pueblo town also has many hot springs to enjoy and cool off from the desert
The Top 15 Charming Cities For Travel Nurses Who Want To Relax: Amazing Mountains and Desserts
15) Jackson Hole, WY. Situated in the valley between the Teton Mountain Range and the Gros Ventre Range, Jackson Hole offers visitors intense mountain views ranging more the 7,000 feet above the valley floor. If you’re on a travel nursing Wyoming job, take advantage of some world class skiing or experience the riverside flats with natural herds of elk. The large Antler Arch in the town square is also a not to be missed showstopper.
14) Toas, NM. Toas is well known for its adobe buildings that were inhabited by Native Americans for centuries. Toas is in New Mexico’s high desert and surrounded by the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. The pueblo town also has many hot springs to enjoy and cool off from the desert heat.
When you’re on a travel nurse job in New Mexico, you’ll want to check out this pueblo town.
13) Telluride, CO. This former Victorian mining town is home to the beautiful Colorado Rocky Mountains and world-famous skiing. Take in the dramatic mountain views while sipping hot chocolate at the base of town, or experience the winter wonderland while skiing down the picturesque mountains. Summer or winter, this mountain town is the perfect place to enjoy unspoiled views of nature.
12) St. Simon’s Island, GA. Enjoy the salty marshes and sandy beaches of St. Simon’s Island. Find a bench next to one of its many dramatic oak trees and open a good book or admire the driftwood trees on the beach. This little gem is only an hour and twenty-minute drive from Savannah and an hour drive from Jacksonville.
11) Sedona, AZ. Sedona is a beautiful desert town that is encompassed by the famous red rock formations. The dry air paired with its mild climate makes it the ideal place to relax and enjoy the old American Wild West. Numerous trails around the town offer hiking, bird watching and wonderful picnic spots.
The Top 15 Charming Cities For Travel Nurses Who Want To Relax: Fame & History Cities Lead Our Next 5 Cities
10) Charleston, SC. Charleston is the perfect place to relax and admire its palm tree lined old cobble stone streets and huge beaches. Take a walk through the elegant French Quarter or a boat ride down the coast. You can’t help but enjoy the southern hospitality of Charleston as you are taken back in time to colonial houses and horse drawn carriages.
9) Cape May, NJ. Cape May is nestled in the southernmost part of New Jersey in the Cape May Peninsula. Enjoy the vast coastline and grand Victorian houses. Cape May is one of the country’s oldest vacation resort destinations. In fact, the Travel Channel ranked Cape May as one of the top ten beaches in America.
8) Martha’s Vineyard, MA. Martha’s Vineyard is a long-time summer New England colony. Enjoy the sandy beaches, farmland, lighthouses and picturesque harbor town. Taste the local seafood and experience the charm of this historic Massachusetts town.
7) Napa, CA – Napa Valley sits in the heart of California famous wine region. Relax and sip some local wines while enjoying the beautiful scenery of rolling hills. Don’t forget to try the farmers market cheese shop in the Oxbow public market, where you can hand choose special cheeses to pair with your wine. If you’re on assignment in close proximity, Napa is only an hour drive from Sacramento and San Francisco, making it the perfect weekend getaway.
6) Bar Harbor, Maine. Bar Harbor is within the Acadia National Park where it reserves much of the Mount Desert Island. The quaint waterfront town is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the beautiful New England views and fresh air. Take a stroll down Main Street and enjoy local ice-cream, juicy blueberries or famous fresh-caught lobster!
The Top 15 Charming Cities For Travel Nurses Who Want To Relax: Breathtaking Coastline
5) St. Augustine, FL. St. Augustine is located on the northeast coast of Florida and is known for its old Spanish colonial architecture. Enjoy the vast coastline at the sandy St. Augustine Beach or the well-known Crescent beach and be is awe of its clear blue water and white sand. Its historical old town is also home to palm tree lined shops and restaurants.
4) Kauai, HI. The “Garden Isle” is filled with tropical rainforest and jagged cliffs. Technically, Kauai is oldest island in Hawaii, at approximately six million years old. Take a scenic walk at the Waimea Canyon State park for some intense tropical greenery and extreme views, or just relax by the mist of a waterfall while dipping your toes in untouched water.
3) Carmel By-The-Sea, CA. Located on California’s Monterey Peninsula, Carmel By-The Sea is a quaint beach town known for its dramatic coastline. Take a stroll through its old town and it’s fairy tale like cottages will make you feel like you are stepping back in time. If you are on assignment anywhere in northern California, don’t worry Carmel By-The-Sea is easy to get to! This scenic town is only a two-hour drive from San Francisco and a one-hour drive from San Jose.
2) Nantucket, MA. This tiny island isolated off Cape Code is perfect for the weekend getaway. If you have a travel assignment in Boston or Providence just hop on the ferry and enjoy east coast island life. In addition to the gorgeous coastline, the picturesque cobblestone streets have many boutique shops and restaurants for your enjoyment.
1) Newport, RI. Newport is home to many historical mansions that sit on the beautiful waterfront. Take the Newport cliff walk for some jaw dropping views! The view will see why this topped our list of the top 15 charming cities for travel nurses who want to relax.
Host Healthcare Travel Nursing
Hopefully after reading this article you are ready to check out some of these cities, get away and relax. This is our list of top 15 charming cities for travel nurses who want to relax. Whether it’s a long weekend during an assignment or time in between assignments, it’s important you find time to relax. Hopefully one of these cities will be your next place for some R&R.
Host Healthcare offers an extensive list of travel nursing jobs. Call one of our friendly recruiters at (844) 812-6758.