Our featured traveler of the month Neil and Sarah Gormley! They are a young, fun, married couple that we first met 2years ago. They recently completed their first contact and working on their second. Their recruiter Sky says, “Neil and Sarah are easy to work with and just great, happy, people.” We are lucky and thrilled to have both Neil and Sarah part of the Host Healthcare family. It’s a no brainer that our featured traveler of the month Neil and Sarah Gormley are well deserving of this recognition.
Featured Traveler of the Neil and Sarah Gormley
1) If you could have one super power what would it be and why? To fly! Our Earth is so incredibly beautiful and immaculate. To be able to fly and experience life from above would be truly magnificent. Definitely envy the birds for that!
2) What has been your favorite experience since you have been traveling? Being christened with a hurricane and a snowstorm within the first few months of living here, and hiking some of the most beautiful places we have ever seen (especially along the Blue Ridge Mtns in North Carolina/Virginia). We have been so spoiled!
3)What has been your favorite places/spots you have visited while on assignment? Mount Mitchell, Boone, NC, Hanging Rock, Pilot Mountain, Blue Ridge Parkway (driving along and hiking in North Carolina and Virginia), and watching the leaves turn in the fall. Born and raised in California where it’s sunny 99% of the time, we have found a deep love and appreciation for seasons!
Why Travel Nursing | First Time Fears
4) What made you want to try travel nursing? I remember when Neil and I met Sky at NTI in Houston, TX where we were introduced to travel nursing for the first time; we were thrilled! We have such a passion for traveling and we are both nurses. It just seemed like the perfect match. When the time was right, we made the move and the rest is history!
5) What was one thing you were scared of before your first assignment, and how did you combat that? Moving to a new state away from our family, meeting new people, and learning the flow of a new hospital. Sky reassured us everything would be great and we would do amazing. He never had a shadow of a doubt! We went forward with a calm, open mind, and a lot of patience. And then everything just fell perfectly into place!
6) What is a guilty pleasure after a long day at work? Chocolate!
7) What is one word that describes your recruiter, Sky? Well since there are so many and we can’t just narrow down to one, I will tell you our top three!
We just love him to pieces and wouldn’t be where we are without his unprecedented work!
About Host Healthcare
Host Healthcare is an award-winning healthcare staffing company focusing on travel nurse and travel allied. Host Healthcare’s purpose is to make Host Healthcare a place with the highest employee engagement score in San Diego. A place where people are passionate about what they do and who they do it with. Our mission is to help our employees and travelers To Live Better. To learn more about Host and see corporate careers be sure to click the links.
Host Healthcare Travel Nurse and Travel Therapy
Host Healthcare offers an extensive list of travel nurse and travel therapy jobs. Call one of our friendly recruiters at (844) 812-8093. We are here to help you to get started.