It doesn’t matter who you are. Sometimes you just want to get away. Get away from the hustle and bustle and explore something new. As a travel nurse, you are constantly moving from one city to another. Sometimes you are in big metropolitan cities making time to “get away” difficult. To help you, we created a list of the 10 best cities for travel nurses who like to get away. We researched many cities to find the most charming, beautiful cities that are perfect for any travel nurse looking to get away. Check them out. One of these cities might even be a place you take your next assignment or who knows, end up living one day.
10 Best Cities For Travel Nurses Who Like To Get Away
- Juneau, Alaska. Coming in at number one on our list is Juneau. Juneau is Alaska’s remote capital and is only reachable by boat or airplane. With glorious nature all around you, you can totally relax. Try wale watching for a peaceful getaway. Better yet, you can even catch your own salmon and crab for a fresh bake. Another great spot to visit is Mendenhall Glacier. You can get right up close to this incredible glacier!
- Napa, California. Located just an hour drive from San Francisco, Napa Valley is a world-renowned wine region. The charming town has late 1800’s and early 1900’s architecture that just oozes with old world charm. Sit back and relax while you sip local wine while enjoying the breathtaking scenery of endless rolling hills. Napa Valley is the perfect weekend trip, when you just want to “get away” for a little.
- Poconos, Pennsylvania. The Poconos Mountains are a region in Pennsylvania surrounded by beautiful forests, lakes and valleys. You can whitewater raft down the Lehigh river. Enjoy breathtaking waterfalls near Bushkill falls or horseback ride on 800 acres of scenic forest trails. Poconos is the perfect place if you just want to “get away” and enjoy nature!
- Key West, Florida. Did you know Florida’s southernmost point? It’s Key West; located is only 90 miles north of Cuba. You’re basically almost to the Caribbean, making it the perfect get away location. Relax in Key West on the beach with tropical palm trees, white sand, and endless crystal-clear water. You can also choose from many water sports such as stand up paddle boarding, snorkeling, or kayaking!
- Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Cape Cod is the hooked shaped peninsula of Massachusetts. It is known for quaint villages, fresh seafood, beaches and lighthouses. Bike down the beautiful Shining Sea bikeway to see some breathtaking Atlantic coastline. If you prefer a nice walk, check out the 25 beautiful miles of the scenic Cape Cod Rail Trail. The charming little town is filled with boutique shops and artisanal restaurants with an old world, classic New England appeal.
- Hilton Head, South Carolina. Hilton Head has some great ways to “get away.” For starters, Hilton Head is filled with picturesque beaches, golf courses, and quaint lighthouses. Hilton Head is also packed with nature and parks, where you can bird watch or just take a leisurely stroll through the lush greenery. There are also numerous water sports to do in Hilton Head such as paddle boarding, kayaking and boating.
- Tucson, Arizona. Why does Tucson make our list of the 10 best cities for travel nurses who like to get away? For the beautiful terrain. Tucson is secluded between multiple mountain ranges, including the well-known Santa Catalinas mountain range. After a long day of hiking through the Seguaro National Park, watch the sun set as warm red/orange hues fill the baron desert terrain above you. If you are there in February, the Tucson Rodeo is a must!
- Sanibel, Florida. Sanibel is the second city in Florida that cracks our list of the 10 best cities for travel nurses who like to get away. Located on Sanibel Island in South West Florida, this small city is a charming weekend getaway. Take a stroll down the picturesque beach and you might even find some seashells that are washed ashore from the Gulf of Mexico. Also, if you want to bird watch then Sanibel is the place for you. Did you know that more than half the island is made up of wildlife refuges? We think you will really enjoy Sanibel.
- Kennebunkport, Maine. Kennebunkport, is a small city in southern Maine. This gorgeous city is known for its beautiful coastline and long, stretched out beaches. Ferry Beach State Park is a beautiful place to relax with white sand and wonderful walking trails. You can also take a scenic drive down Ocean Avenue for some incredible rocky shore shoreline!
- Edenton, North Carolina. Our 10th and final city of the best cities for travel nurses who like to get away is Edenton. Edenton is a town in the Chowan county of Northeast North Carolina. It’s picturesquely positioned right on the waterfront of the Albemarle Sound. Known as “One of America’s Prettiest Towns”, it radiates old southern colonial charm. Edenton is also filled with cultural events, vibrant festivals as well as activities such as sailing, paddle boarding and biking.
Hopefully you enjoyed this article as we introduced you to our list of the 10 best cities for travel nurses who like to get away. If you enjoy one of these cities, be sure to schedule a vacation there. If you loved one of these cities, fill out the form below or reach out to your recruiter so we can place you in one of these cities.
Host Healthcare Travel Nurse
Host Healthcare offers an extensive list of travel nurse jobs. Call one of our friendly recruiters at (844) 812-8094.