One of the benefits of being a travel therapist is the flexibility to work in any state in the country. However, that flexibility is limited when you procrastinate on selecting your next travel therapy assignment. Director of Allied Health Jordan Lerner says, “booking your travel therapy assignment in advance is one of the smartest decisions any travel therapist can make. It’s even more important for a new travel therapist.” This article goes into depth outlining the 7 benefits for booking your travel therapy assignment in advance.
7 Benefits For Booking Your Travel Therapy Assignment In Advance
1. You will have more opportunities available. “The good news about a career as a travel therapist is you are always in need,” says Lerner. “However, the industry is growing more and more competitive. The most attractive assignments do book quickly. That is why it is important if you see a job you like to book it early.”
2. You will have time to get to your next assignment. As a travel therapist, you might be working in rural cities. Cities where it might take time to get to your next location clear across the country. That is why one of the 7 benefits for booking your travel therapy assignment in advance is you have time to get to your next assignment. You don’t have to stress. You can plan out your drive or flights. Life as a travel therapist can be stressful already. Don’t put rushing to your next assignment as one of the stresses.
3. You will be able to schedule a vacation. It’s nice to have time off. But as a travel therapist, you don’t always have the luxury of taking time off for a vacation. When you book you next assignment in advance, you can rest easily knowing you have an assignment waiting for you. So why not take a vacation?
4. You will have time to finalize your license. Some states have a longer turnaround time for securing your license. The good news is that some places will allow you to accept an assignment in advance without having already completed you state license. However, with that advance time, be sure you get your license.
Less Stress When You Book Your Travel Therapy Assignment In Advance
5. You can avoid the stress of finding your next assignment. It can be stressful when you don’t see any travel therapy assignments you want. To prevent this from being an issue, book your travel therapy assignment in advance.
6. You will have time to figure out your living situation. Most travel therapy staffing agencies provide housing options for travelers. At Host Healthcare, we are proud to offer deluxe private housing or a housing stipend for our travel therapists. If you are looking to find your own housing, it can take time. Give yourself time to find your living arrangements by booking your travel therapy assignment in advance.
7. Recruiters will stop reaching out to you. Many travel therapists work with a few agencies to help them find assignments. Booking your next travel therapy assignment in advance is a fantastic way to tell the other staffing company to stop calling, texting, and emailing you. That must feel so good.
Host Healthcare Travel Therapist
Hopefully you enjoyed reading these 10 benefits for booking your next travel therapy assignment in advance.
Host Healthcare offers an extensive list of travel therapy jobs. In addition, call specific recruiter directly or if you don’t have a recruiter, call (844) 812-8094 and one of our friendly recruiters will be happy to help. If you prefer, fill out the form below and someone will reach out.