It’s probably hard to believe but summer is almost here. As a travel nurse, you can see so many great locations. With summer fast approaching, it’s time to start thinking about where you want to be this summer. To help you with this important decision, we have put together our list of the 10 best summer locations for travel nurses. We looked at weather, activities, facilities, and demand to help create our list of the top 10 best summer locations for travel nurses.
10 Best Summer Locations For Travel Nurses
10) Anchorage, AK. Starting off our list of the top 10 best summer locations for travel nursing jobs Alaska. In Alaska, you can work at places like Alaska Native Medical Center or Alaska Regional Hospital. As for the climate, while most cities in the lower 49 states deal with heat in the summer, Anchorage has a pretty mild climate. During your time off, check out the Kenai Fjords National Park and Mount McKinley.
9) Los Angeles, CA. Los Angeles is the first of three California cities to make our list of the 10 best summer locations for travel nurses. For starters, California has plenty of opportunity for travel nurses. The other great part about a summer travel nurse assignment in Los Angeles is all the activities. There is Disneyland, Universal Studios, and the Santa Monica Pier for starters. Being close to the ocean there are plenty of great beach spots to cool down.
8) Boston, MA. Jumping to the east coast we find the next city on our top 10 best summer locations for travel nurses. No matter the season, Boston is certainly a must-see for all travel nurses. There is so much history to see and plenty of great beaches in the summer to visit. Boston also plays host to several prestigious hospitals such as Massachusetts General Hospital and Boston Children’s Hospital
7) Seattle, WA. Shifting back to the west coast is where we find our 7th city in our top 10 best summer locations for travel nurses. Seattle is a terrific summer city. The weather is cool, there are plenty of activates, and plenty of travel friendly facilities. While you are there, make sure you check out the Space Needle and Mount Rainer.
6) Pittsburgh, PA. Pittsburgh might not be one of the cities that comes to mind when you think summer but did you know that according to USA Today, Pittsburgh is in the top 10 chilliest cities? Do you enjoy music? There are plenty of summer music activities such as Live Music On The Lawn at the Schenley Plaza and the Deutschtown Music Festival.
5) Salt Lake City, UT. Kicking off our top 5 cities is Salt Lake City. Salt Lake City has plenty of positives as it relates to summer travel nurse assignments. The weather is great, facilities like Salt Lake City Regional Medical Center is a great hospital to work, and there are plenty of activities.
4) Denver, CO. The mile-high city is certainly one of the 10 best summer locations for travel nurses. Like sports? During the summer you can check out the Colorado Rockies play baseball. How about white-water rafting? There are plenty of great spots to jump in the water and explore. Denver also has a growing need for travelers making it a great opportunity for any travel nurse.
3) San Francisco, CA. Our third ranked city on our top 10 best summer locations for travel nurses is San Francisco. The City by the Bay is certainly a favorite no matter the season. Plenty of great food, activities, and scenery makes San Francisco a must visit city for any travel nurse. The top facility most travel nurses want to work in San Francisco is UCSF Medical Center. But even if you can’t find an assignment there, Kaiser has some great hospitals in San Fran.
2) Portland, OR. Just missing out on the top spot in our list is Portland, Oregon. Portland is no doubt a great city to visit. It really has something for everyone. Great food, outdoor activities, and demand for travel nurses. This small-town feel is certainly growing in this thriving city. Do yourself a favor and check out Portland for your upcoming travel nurse assignments.
1) San Diego, CA. The don’t call it America’s Finest City for nothing. San Diego has some of the best year-round temperature. During the summer, thousands of people flock to San Diego from all over the country. With picturesque sunsets to world-class surroundings, and top hospitals, it’s clear to see San Diego tops our list of the 10 best summer locations for travel nurses.
While there are plenty of great cities to spend your summer assignments, this is our list of the top places. Hopefully you enjoyed our list of the 10 best summer locations for travel nurses. If you are interested in nursing jobs in California or traveling to one of these other locations, reach out to your traveler or fill out the form below.
Host Healthcare Travel Nurse
Host Healthcare offers an extensive list of travel nurse jobs. Call one of our friendly recruiters at (844) 812-8094.