Jobs as a travel physical therapist, occupational therapist or speech language pathologists are in high demand. You have many options to work in a variety of settings across all 50 states. One of the biggest hurdles before you can enter the exciting career of travel therapy is creating a strong resume. Your resume is your first introduction to a hiring manager. We have provided you the 15 travel therapy resume mistakes to avoid. This article will outline the top 10 resume tips for travel therapists.
Top 10 Resume Tips For Travel Therapists – General Tips
1) Tailor Your Resume. It is important that you always keep your resume specific to the job you are applying for. It doesn’t take long to tailor your resume and it goes a long way. Be sure you familiarize yourself with the responsibilities and highlight your skills based on the candidate they are searching.
2) Keep Your Resume Well Organized. It is important that you make your resume easy to read. As Host Healthcare Director of Allied Health Jordan Lerner says, “Most hiring managers or facilities are scanning your resume. It is important that you make your resume easy to scan. Make it easy for the reader to see places you worked, the setting you worked your responsibilities, and the duration you worked.”
3) Include a Cover Letter. A cover letter is a great way to provide a brief overview on yourself and explain how you would be a good fit for the role. Just like your resume, your cover letter should be specific to the role.
Top 10 Resume Tips For Travel Therapists – Don’t Be Afraid To Brag
4) Include Certifications or Associations. Certifications and associations are important to include in your resume. One of our top 10 resume tips for travel therapists is to brag. Whether locally, regionally, or nationally, be sure you list any certifications or associations you are part of.
5) Highlight Any Accomplishments. Have you received any recognition during a past job or assignment? How about any recognition during school such as graduating Summa Cum Laude? Highlighting your accomplishments is fine to include in either work experience or education where appropriate.
6) Work At Any Prestige Facilities? Have any of your placements taken you to well-known and highly respected facilities? If so, you’ll want to list these assignments first on your resume. Any time you can provide a recognizable name that is associated with quality and high standards of care, it will help your resume stand out.
Top 10 Resume Tips For Travel Therapists – Skills Add Up
7) Include Any Soft Skills. It might seem unnecessary to include things like excellent communication skills or willing to work flexible hours in your resume. However, including these skills reinforces the type of person you are. A lot of candidates have similar experiences. If you can include things that highlight your character, the more you will stand out from others.
8) Are You Bilingual? As a travel therapist, you can work in many locations across the country. That means if you speak multiple languages, you could separate yourself against others applying for the same role.
Top 10 Resume Tips For Travel Therapists – Ask For Help
9) Have Someone Read Your Resume Before Submitting. After you have taken time to craft the perfect resume, be sure you get someone else to read your resume. It’s good to have them start by reading for general spelling and grammar errors. However, make sure they are not confused when reading your resume. It’s also a good idea to have them read the job description for the job you are applying for. Ask them if you resume is specific and clear based on the job description.
10) Talk To Your Recruiter About Your Resume. Your recruiter is someone with a lot of knowledge and experience. Don’t be afraid to ask them for any specific recommendations on how to make your resume standout.
Hopefully after reading this article you feel better prepared about writing a solid resume. These top 10 resume tips for travel therapists were created to help all travel therapists stand out with a well-crafted resume.
Host Healthcare Travel Therapist
Host Healthcare offers an extensive list of travel therapist jobs. Call one of our friendly recruiters at (800) 585-1299. We are here to help you to get started.