Graduating as a physical therapist is an exciting time. You spent years getting your education and you are now ready to use the skills you learned as you enter the workforce. If you haven’t already, it’s time to start planning your future. There are many opportunities for you out there. So start planning. To help you, here is our list of the top 5 realistic therapy career goals for new grad physical therapists.
Top 5 Realistic Therapy Career Goals For New Grad Physical Therapists
- Write Down Your Goals. The best way to reach your goals is to write them down. Writing things down creates clarity. Clarity gives you a roadmap and keeps you focused on what is most important. If you haven’t already, write down what type of physical therapy job you want. What setting? What location? Take time to write down your goals and then get started on working towards them.
- Be Open Minded About Your First Assignment. There is no shortage of physical therapy jobs out there. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 239,800 physical therapy jobs in 2016. That number is projected to grow by 28% in 2026. While there is no shortage, it is important to be open minded. As a new grad, your ideal job might not be your first assignment. But don’t worry, it’ll come as you build experience.
- Find A Mentor. Mentors are great to have for any physical therapist. They can help prepare you for the workforce. That expectation can help create clarity and be very helpful for any physical therapist. At Host Healthcare, one of our benefits we offer students grads travel physical therapists is pairing them up with a mentor.
- Tailor Your Resume. As documented above, there are many job opportunities for physical therapists. However, it is important that you tailor your resume to the job you are applying for. It shows the hiring individual that you are seriously interested in this job. A resume is that first impression; so make sure it counts.
- Have Fun. Remember you are graduating! You have the world at your fingertips. There are so many opportunities for you. While it is important you work hard to achieve your goals, never forget to have fun. Having fun can help you as you look to find your next job. Remembering to have fun will help you remain positive throughout your career.
Host Healthcare Travel Therapist
Hopefully you enjoyed reading this article on our top 5 realistic therapy career goals for new grad physical therapists. If you are interested in being a travel therapist, you are in the right spot. Host Healthcare offers an extensive list of travel therapy jobs. In addition, call specific recruiter directly or if you don’t have a recruiter, call (844) 812-8094 and one of our friendly recruiters will be happy to help.