Americans love to eat. The good news, is there is no shortage of amazing cities to eat some amazing food. As a travel therapist, you are constantly moving from city to city or even state to state. When that happens, one of the first things most travel therapists locate are good places to eat. While there are plenty of great cities for foodies, this is our list of the 10 best cities for travel therapists who like to eat great food.
10 Best Cities For Travel Therapists Who Like To Eat Great Food
10) Washington, DC. Starting out our list of the 10 best cities for travel therapists who like to eat great food is our nation’s capital. DC has a vibrant dining scene. Restaurants like Himitsu, Pineapple and Pearls and Timber Pizza Co. headline the award-winning restaurant.
9) Philadelphia, PA. The City of Brotherly Love won’t let you down when you stop by for a visit or for an assignment. The first thing that comes to your mind when you think Philadelphia and food is probably cheesesteaks. Geno’s and Pat’s are certainly the most famous. However, award winning chefs like Michael Solomonov have restaurants like Zahav in Philly.
8) Seattle, WA. Being next to the water certainly presents a lot of options for Seattle. Looking for fine dining? Be sure to eat at Canlis. How about a fun neighborhood place? Then you need to attend The Whale Wins. Finally, if you are looking for a great burger spot, look no farther than Dick’s Drive-In.
7) Austin, TX. Looking for great BBQ? Austin certainly won’t disappoint with places like Franklin BBQ. However, Austin’s food scene has been gaining momentum for the past several years in all food categories. You can eat ramen at Ramen Tatsu-ya, or Odd Duck Barley Swine, headed by top check Bryce Gilmore.
6) Chicago, IL. The Windy City has something for everyone. Of course, the most known food in Chicago is pizza. There are plenty of great Chicago pizzeria that it would be a long list of recommendations. There are also plenty of Mexican, steak, burger, and sandwich restaurants in Chicago. Oh and did we mention hot dogs? Be sure to check out Portillos for great hot dogs, sandwiches, and more.
5) Portland, OR. Portland is certainly a food lover heaven. With plenty of nice restaurants, food carts, and everything in between, you will have plenty of great food options in Portland. Looking for something different? Be sure to check out the many doughnut options in Portland.
4) San Francisco, CA. The City by the Bay certainly is no slouch when it comes to food. There are so many diverse culinary places to eat in San Francisco. From ramen, to burritos, to Cali Neapolitan-style pizzas, you will never be starving when you take a travel therapy assignment in San Francisco. There’s also world famous sourdough bread.
3) New Orleans, LA. New Orleans is synonymous with Cajun and Creole cuisine. From Po Boys, to jambalaya, to jumbo, there are plenty of great Cajun or Creole restaurants. Looking for a New Orleans treat to start your morning? Be sure to grab a beignet and a cup of coffee to start your day off right.
2) New York, NY. Number two on our 10 best cities for travel therapists who like to eat great food is New York. The Big Apple has some of the best food and options for you. Not only does New York have pizza, bagels, and Jewish deli to claim as its own. It also has upscale, downscale, insanely cheap, jaw-droppingly expensive, hidden gems, world-renowned institutions… the list goes on.
1) Los Angeles, CA. There are so many options for everything in Los Angeles. From places to work, to places to explore, to places to eat. Some of the best chefs in the world and most famous restaurants call Los Angeles home. For chefs and restaurants not in Los Angeles, they are certainly trying. No matter what food you are craving, you will find a wonderful place to eat in Los Angeles. It should come as no surprise to most that Los Angeles tops our list of the 10 best cities for travel therapists who like to eat great food.
Hopefully you have enjoyed reading our list of the 10 best cities for travel therapists who like to eat great food.
Host Healthcare Travel Therapist
Host Healthcare offers an extensive list of travel therapist jobs. Call one of our friendly recruiters at (800) 585-1299.