Life as a travel nurse is fun and exciting. Sure, there are busy and stressful days like every other career. But being a travel nurse has so many wonderful benefits. Check out our list of the 10 best things about being a travel nurse.
10 Best Things About Being a Travel Nurse
- Travel Nursing = Flexibility. One of the most popular things on our 10 best things about being a travel nurse is the flexibility. As a travel nurse, you can choose where and when you want to work. Need to take time off near the holidays? Your Host Healthcare recruiter can help you plan your assignment so it ends right before your time off. Better yet, have a best friend in Los Angeles you have always wanted to visit? Take an assignment in LA so you and your bestie will form memories that you will always cherish. Or have a family member that you want to spend time with? Take a travel assignment near them. Whatever the reason may be, travel nursing allows you to choose where you want to work. I mean, what job allows you to do that!
- You get to make new friends. You’ll be sure to make new friends on assignment. The friendships made based on shared new experiences cement a strong bond. Take a new friend with you to try a new restaurant or for a fun weekend getaway. You will be sure to make memories that you will never forget!
- You can travel with your pet. Want to travel the country but don’t want to leave your loyal companion behind? No worries, you can travel with your pet! Your furry best friend can enjoy a new city with you. I’m sure they will love exploring just as much as you do.
- You can pick what city you want to work in. This is the ultimate best part about being a travel nurse. Always dreamed about living near a beach in Hawaii? Or at the base of a mountain in Utah? How about in New York City? You can fulfill all your wanderlust dreams while getting paid to do so while being a travel nurse!
- You get more independence. Let’s face it. Sometimes your day-to-day routine can get a little mundane and boring. Spice things up with taking a travel nurse job. You’ll get to challenge yourself in innovative ways, learn new skills, and have experiences that will last a lifetime. Most of all, the independence you will feel will be unforgettable.
- You will get to see the country. Whether it is taking an assignment in a new city or enjoying a weekend trip to a nearby town, the best part about travel nursing is seeing the beautiful USA. There are so many amazing places to see, so why not start checking them off your bucket list now. Your Instagram photos will be sure make everyone jealous!
- You get to help people. The most incredible feeling ever and the reason why you remember you went into nursing in the beginning. Your challenging work, knowledge, and expertise can change people lives and safe lives. No matter where you travel to, this will always be the underlying best experience ever.
- Expand your professional network. When working in new facilities, no doubt that you will expand your professional network. The connections that you will make will be great networking tools for the future. Most of all, the new skills you will learn will be great advances for your next assignment.
- Resume building. Being able to take jobs in different cities is sure impressive! The ability to adapt to new circumstances, deal with different situations, meet new people, challenge yourself, are all great resume building experiences that will be sure to impress any employer!
- The Adventure. This is certainly one of the best things about being a travel nurse. Adventure is everywhere. Meeting new friends and colleagues, traveling to new locations, acquiring different skills, and getting firsthand experiences are all great attributes of travel nursing. With wonderful opportunities all around the country, what are you waiting for?
Host Healthcare Travel Nurse
Hopefully this article gave you some good insight on our list of the 10 best things about being a travel nurses.
Searching for nursing jobs nyc? Host Healthcare offers an extensive list of travel nurse jobs. In addition, call specific recruiter directly or if you don’t have a recruiter, call (844) 812-8094 and one of our friendly recruiters will be happy to help. If you prefer, fill out the form below and someone will reach out.