There are so many benefits of travel nursing. From the money you make, to the people you’ll meet, you will love being a travel nurse. However, as a travel nurse you are on the road and not always near friends and family, what do you do on your days off? It’s important after a busy week of caring for your patients to use your days off wisely. To help, here are 10 ways to spend your day off on your travel nurse assignment.
10 Ways To Spend Your Day Off On Your Travel Nurse Assignment
1. Get Some Fresh Air. As a nurse, you spend most of your time inside. That’s why it’s important on your day off to get some fresh air. Go for a walk or a run. This is also a fun way to explore your new city.
Enjoy Your New City
2. Explore Your New City. Odds are the city you are working in has a lot of great things to offer. From historical places to other fun attractions, it’s important you get to know the city you’re in. It might end up being a place you go back to for a fun vacation after your assignment ends.
3. Invite Your Friends For A Picnic. One last fun idea to explore your new city is to have a picnic. Enjoy great food and great conversation by inviting some of your new friends to a picnic. Picnicking creates an opportunity to socialize with others while you soak up some sunshine and enjoy fresh air outside the workplace.
Plan and Prepare
4. Plan Your Meals For The Week. Meal planning might not sound relaxing but it’s a rewarding use of your free time. Planning your meals a head of time can help you save money and ensure you are eating healthy.
5. Prepare For Your Week Ahead. In our theme of planning and preparing, it’s proven to help with stress when you plan your week ahead. Preparing for your week will ensure you have enough scrubs and plan your meals during the day. Follow this tip and you will minimize stress and increase your happiness.
Expand Your Mind
6. Take A Class. Most cities offer a variety of classes you can take. Whether it’s cooking, art, photography, there should be something for everyone. This is a great way to learn a new hobby or expand upon an existing one.
7. Read. Not only does reading expand your mind, it’s also proven to reduce stress. Reading is your opportunity to get lost in a new fictional best seller or learn about important historical events.
8. Sleep. It’s important to your health that you get enough sleep. As a nurse, you might not be getting adequate sleep during workdays. So, on your day off, make sure you get enough sleep. And don’t forget about taking naps if needed.
9. Binge Your Favorite TV Show. Another great way to relax on your days off is to sit back and watch your favorite TV show. Power up your favorite streaming service and let the binging begin.
10. Unplug From The World. Our final tip from our are 10 ways to spend your day off on your travel nurse assignment is to unplug from the world. It can be simple ways too such as leaving your phone at home as you go to the grocery store. Or turn your phone on ring and leave it in the next room. That way if there’s an important call you will hear it but don’t have the distraction of having your phone next to you at all times.
About Host Healthcare
Host Healthcare is an award-winning healthcare staffing company focusing on travel nurse and travel allied. Our purpose is to make Host Healthcare a place with the highest employee engagement score in San Diego. A place where people are passionate about what they do and who they do it with. Our mission is to help our employees and travelers To Live Better.
Host Healthcare Travel Nurse
Host Healthcare offers an extensive list of travel nurse jobs. Call one of our friendly recruiters at (800) 585-1299. We are here to help you to get started.